SHSC is pleased to inform you that delegates from NHS Healthcare Improvement Scotland and NHS Health Scotland are now able to log onto their own WiFi network in our conference centre.
Visitors willing to use this service should ensure that they have already arranged the wireless password with their own health board IT team.
For more information, please contact the Conference team on 0131 275 7753.
SHSC is monitoring their food waste during the entire month in order to assess the collection frequency of the food waste, which will be introduced before January 2014 – as per new waste regulations in Scotland.
For more information please contact conference team on 0131 275 7755.
1. Time management – just think what you can do with the time saved from travelling to that important, but time consuming, meeting.
2. Environment – you can feel satisfied you have minimised your personal carbon emissions; it might not be a huge impact but it all counts.
3. Financial – you will save the money you would have spent on travel and possibly accommodation and that’s money that can be spent on something more productive. In addition the meeting organiser won’t have to provide you with catering so you won’t eat that chocolate biscuit you didn’t need anyway!
4. Reliability – as the winter approaches and bad weather becomes an issue, you know you will still be able to attend that critical meeting without risking getting stranded for hours in the snow.
5. Productivity – all of the above combined will enable you to be more flexible and increase your productivity.
Want to know more about video conferencing? Contact us at NSS.firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to hear from you!
The SHSC is looking to expand our social media activities.
We would appreciate if you could complete this short survey (before the end of September). The survey results will be very useful for the development of our social media strategy.
Social Media Survey
The SHSC Conference & Training Centre has recently launched the Summer Menu and it is available on the website. Summer menu
We have a variety of options to cover your needs: Sandwiches, soups, pasta dishes, finger buffet, salads and organic options.
If you wish us to email you a copy, please contact us on 0131 275 7756 or email: NSS.email@example.com
Webcasting is a powerful media tool, which is now being used successfully in conferences and training.
You are invited to this free session, which will demonstrate the benefits of webcasting your events.
With case studies from the health, education and the commercial sectors, the presentation will cover topics such as:
• What is meant by webcasting
• How it can be used effectively to enhance your event
• What is required in terms of equipment, support etc.
• Who is currently using webcasting
• Guideline pricing for the service
• How to organise your own training or conference broadcasts
• How to promote your webcast effectively
• Social and economical benefits of webcasting
Date: 19th June 2013
Time: 3pm – 4:30pm
Location: SHSC Conference & Training Centre, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh EH4 2LF
To register please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic voting: This is a brilliant way to make your event more interactive, democratic and interesting!
If you are interested in receiving more information, please contact our office on 0131 275 7754.
The SHSC Conference & Training Centre has now 300 keypads available.
New service at SHSC Conference & Training Centre – we are now able to offer a minute taking service for clients using the SHSC Conference & Training Centre. If you are booking a room for a meeting and need someone to take formal minutes or, informal notes just contact the team for availability and a quote. Our experienced committee support team provide a professional. efficient and confidential service. Existing customers include the Scottish Government and National Services Scotland.
Contact the conference team for more information: 0131 2757754
The SHSC Conference team would like to thank you all for the bookings in 2012 and wish you a festive break with friends and family.
We will be closed between 24th December (3pm) 2012 and 2nd January 2013. We will be opening the Centre again on 3rd January 2013.
We look forward to welcoming you in the New Year,
The SHSC Conference team
The SHSC has just launched a campaign via www.freerice.com to reach 40,000 grains of rice by 20th December 2012! It would be great if you could join in and support us?
The Freerice campaign is linked to the World Food Programme (WFP). You can register online completely free of charge and join the NSS Freerice Team. Choose any of the subjects you wish to play Maths, English, Foreign Languages, Geography etc. Play the quiz online and for every correct answer you will be contributing 10 grains of rice.
Our target of 40,000 grains of rice is enough to feed two people for just one day.
Please join the NSS Freerice team and help us reach the target. To register go to www.freerice.com